The One-Legged Frog Pose with Yoga strap can be done by:
1. Start by lying on your belly.
2. Come on to your elbows.
3. Bend your right leg and reach behind to loop the Yoga strap around the top of the foot with right hand.
4. Left forearm is flat on the mat with the elbow underneath the shoulder.
5. Hold the strap in the right hand and position your right hand so that your thumb is facing away from you. The strap comes over the right shoulder.
6. Slowly pull on the strap to draw the foot towards the backside and stretch the thigh.
7. Keep your torso straight.
8. Hold pose for several breaths, deepening the stretch as you are able.
9. Repeat with the left leg.
• If the stretch of the back or shoulder is too strenuous, try the above option detailed under ‘Cautions’.
Read the following cautions to stay safe:
• Do not perform the bend of this pose if you have a back injury. Instead, place the left forearm parallel with the front of the mat and rest the forehead on the left forearm. Lengthen the strap with the arm next to the body instead of over the shoulder. This is also useful to try if you have a shoulder injury.
• Never push too far in a pose. Find your edge, but don't move past it. You should feel the pose working in the body, but still be able to breathe deeply and find some ease in the pose.
• If you are concerned about anything with this pose, please consult a physician about whether this practice is good for you.