Reclining Bound Angle pose can be done by:
1. Begin by sitting on the Yoga mat.
2. Make sure the Feelix Yoga strap is completely unfurled.
3. Run the Feelix Yoga strap through slot one on the lock and pull the strap all the way through until the lock reaches the rivet.
4. Take the strap behind your body and close the lock by threading the strap up through slot two, down through slot three.
5. Draw the soles of your feet together and let the knees drop out to the side then take the strap over the knees under the feet.
6. Move the wood lock to somewhere comfortable.
7. Tighten or loosen the strap by pulling the loose end through slots 2/3.
8. Slowly come to recline on your back by coming onto your elbows first.
9. Lengthen the sides of the body. Lift and lengthen the tailbone and place back down on the mat. Roll the outer edges of the shoulders under so you can send the shoulder blades down the back towards the tailbone.
10.Let the arms come out to the side at 45 degrees, palms facing up.
11. Close your eyes.
Read the following cautions to stay safe:
• It’s best to avoid this pose if you have a knee, hip or groin injury.
• Don’t push the knees down towards the floor. Never push too far in a pose. Find your edge, but don't move past it. You should feel the pose working in the body, but still be able to breathe deeply and find some ease in the pose.
• If you are concerned about anything with this pose, please consult a physician about whether this practice is good for you.
• If there is strain or too much discomfort, use blankets under the outer upper thighs.
• You can also use blanket or cushion support under the upper back, neck and head.
• Try lying back on a bolster, with the sitting bones still on the floor. This is a particularly beneficial way of doing the pose during pregnancy.
• To deepen this pose, try bringing the arms overhead, either straight or holding the elbows.